Rules, Policies and Procedures for White Shark Arms
White Sharks Arms is a testing facility, firearms manufacturer, and teaching facility.
The following rules, policies and procedures must be followed at all times. If they are not you will be asked to leave. Our number one rule is Safety First.
Rules Concerning Children:
1. Children must be at least 10 years old to shoot or have White Shark Arms Staff permission
2. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who will sign a waiver and stay with them at all times.
3. Minors not shooting cannot be on the range and must be accompanied by an adult. For safety reasons, we cannot be responsible for your child’s well-being. Children cannot be left alone in the Retail area.
Rules for entering the Building:
1. All firearms that you bring into the building must be unloaded and preferably in a case. If you come in with a loaded firearm, you will be asked to leave unless you are active Law Enforcement.
2. All firearms that you bring in must be checked in at the check-in station and checked for safety, serial numbers, and that they are not loaded. Firearms that have scratched off or illegible serial numbers will not be allowed in the building and you will be asked to leave.
3. You must be 18 and over and must be in compliance with all state and federal laws to be able to use the range unless you are with a parent or legal guardian.
4. You must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
5. To test fire, take a class or use the range, you MUST have a State or Federal picture ID. For example, a state-issued ID or drivers license, Military ID, or a Passport.
6. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. SAFETY is our Number One concern.
The Four Basic Rules of Firearm Safety Always Apply:
1. Treat every gun as if it were loaded at all times.
2. Never point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy
3. Always keep your finger off the trigger until on target and ready to shoot
4. Know your target, including what may be in front of and behind it
Additional Rules at White Shark Arms (Testing Range Rules):
1. Fire only when safe conditions exist and the Range Safety Officer gives you the okay.
2. Firearms are to be kept in shooting booths, with muzzles pointing down range at all times; magazines, ammo, and other gear may be brought to the back wall. Never handle firearms behind the firing line. If you do, you will be reminded ONCE. If you continue to do it, you will be asked to leave regardless of your time left.
3. Eye and ear protection must be put on in ready room, and worn at all times when on the range.
4. Always keep the action open and firearm unloaded, with magazines removed, until ready to fire.
5. Do not hold your loaded firearm while operating the target retrievers.
6. Use only official paper targets properly placed on target carriers or in front of the backstop.
7. No cross lane shooting.
8. Do not shoot anything other than targets; if you intentionally or recklessly shoot anything else in our facility, you are responsible for damage caused.
9. Be sure the firearm is safe to operate. Know and understand the operating mechanism and safety features of your firearm. If you do not, please ask the Range Safety Officer for assistance.
10. Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm. Only ammunition provided by White Shark Arms may be used in our rental guns.
11. All firearms must be cased in an unloaded condition while going to or from the range.
12. If you have brought more than one firearm, use only one at a time and, when finished, case the unloaded firearm and its ammunition before uncasing the next one.
13. Upon the command "CEASE FIRE" stop all shooting immediately, put down your firearm and back away from the firing line. Shooters may not re-approach the firing line or pick up their firearm until an "ALL CLEAR" signal is given.
14. If evacuation is needed, all firearms stay in the booth until the building is given the "ALL CLEAR". DO NOT leave the building with a loaded firearm, even if its your own.
15. Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting. Any person that appears to be intoxicated, under the influence or otherwise appears to be in a condition that would render them unsafe to handle and shoot firearms will not be allowed to use the range and will be asked to leave.
16. If someone on the range says "STOP"!, immediately stop what you are doing, and simply straighten your trigger finger and move it outside of the trigger guard. Take no other action until the safety problem is determined. Anyone on the range observing a dangerous condition is authorized to use the "STOP"! command.
17. If your firearm jams, please put it down and ask the Range Safety Officer for assistance.
18. No food, drink, gum or tobacco is permitted inside the range. Wash your hands each time you leave the range and before smoking, eating or drinking.
19. Shooters may collect their brass (only their own) behind the firing line once they have unloaded and cased their firearm and are ready to leave the range.
20. At this time shooters who desire to shoot from the holster with handguns must be active Law Enforcement and must show their badge to the staff before entering the range.
21. If you appear to be teaching a class without the permission of the White Shark Arms staff, you and your students will be asked to leave immediately and you will be banned. There will be no refunds. If you would like to use our facility and you are NRA certified, please go to the Facility Use page and read the rules.
22. Act responsibly at all times.
23. If you observe an unsafe condition, report it to a range officer immediately.
These Rules, Policies and Procedures are subject to change at any time by the White Shark Arms staff.